Beyond Culture Shock: How Best to Prepare Students for Studying Abroad
There are now over one million foreign students attending U.S. colleges and universities; 85% more than there was a decade ago. These students face a series of transitional difficulties impacting academic, social, and professional success.
A recent study of Polish Fulbright scholars explored the impact of pre-departure cultural training on their integration experiences during their study abroad experience in the United States. Join us for a webinar Beyond Culture Shock: How Best to Prepare Students for Studying Abroad, where study authors will present their research findings and recommendations to universities enrolling foreign students, as well as international students planning to study in the United States and their families.
Participants will walk away with:
- Enhanced understanding of the cultural challenges of study abroad
- A proven model for effective pre-departure cultural training for foreign students
- Validated instrument for assessing cultural orientations
- Validated instrument for measuring cultural competency
- Recommendations to enhance integration experience of foreign students studying in the United States
All participants will receive free trial access to GlobeSmart Profile and Intercultural Effectiveness Scale.
Date and Time: 13 March at 8-9am (San Francisco) / 11am-12pm (Boston) / 12-1pm (Rio de Janiero) / 4-5pm (Paris) / 8:30-9:30pm (Bangalore) / 11pm-12am (Shanghai) / 12-1am (Tokyo)
SCROLL DOWN TO REGISTER
Event Category: Live Webinars